Wednesday, October 12, 2022

I wanted to give an illustration...a picture...of my experiences

Last Week...on Saturday, October 1, 2022, 

I hit Publish...


I opened my old 2008 blog.. Sprouts of Life to the public for the first time.

I was proud of what I shared

It didn't feel like a medical update this time...

I wanted to share what Life had looked like from my Perspective

I enjoyed this site when I shared my new love for Photography 

I enjoyed writing a story along side the pictures

That Joy of creating a story...morphed into my Caring Bridge site...

Over the years..since I stopped writing on my caring bridge site...

I would start to write..but..to me it often felt messy...disjointed...long winded..full of typos and grammar errors....but when I tried to correct it...it became stiff and hard to read...

I felt stuck..

recently.. friend of Mine...told me about a book

Art and Fear written by David Bayles and Ted Orland

One part, early in the book, suggested that Art is made by Ordinary People...that we are All creators...our flaws and weaknesses, can make us feel stuck, but those same flaws and weaknesses can be a source of strength as well. When we are trying to create something..express something from the inside out...something about that process... has to do with overcoming something..and as we overcome it ...it gives us clear opportunity for doing things in ways we have always known we Should do them.

this idea gave me real Freedom

I wanted to give an illustration...a picture...of my experiences

A Story

A Story that Brings to Life my Experience

I wanted my Experience to be relatable 

I wanted to have a Place to take my experience and turn it into something...good.

I wanted to tell a story because it might make people feel something..good

Maybe it would make them smile

Maybe it would make them laugh

My First Post last week was a product of attempting to overcome some dark things in my life

It was My Story...Expressed in the way that I was Meant to express it

I am looking forward to telling more stories here..some from the past...some present and hope as I continue to Overcome things in this same way..

I hope it encourages others..you... to overcome something in your life and take the opportunity to create something in the way you were always meant to create it. 

If you do...

I'd love to see it...

I choose to believe... it will produce Light in the Darkness...

and as a result...

New Sprouts of Life...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly I love reading your blog posts. The way you write brings me into your reality while bringing me into my own. Life is precious and special which is only able to be highlighted because it is fragile. Thank you for highlighting this for me. Love Alan

Yoke said...

Isn’t it true that we sometimes want to only bring the good part to show others? We sometimes forget that our life is a journey, along the way we learn to hone and refine our life skills. There are also times where we do not meet the expectation of ourselves and others…., through these we learn new skill.

After listening to Art & Fear, it strikes me that so many accomplished artists and musicians went through the same journey. Their mistakes and imperfection actually helped them become a master later on. As I read your post, Kelly, I appreciate your transparency and vulnerability, it is so uneasy to share our innermost feelings., but you continue to work your way there. It is the artist in you that is coming alive. Our modern culture seems to have neglected the beauty and importance of artistry and how long and what it takes to bring out the best…we now only want something quick and easy, what I called the fast food or tik tok culture.

I see the artist in you and want to continue to read more about your thoughts via blog posts. We will celebrate the journey of artistry as we navigate life together.

I also look forward to hearing about your thoughts of Prayer in the Night by Tish Warren as you scribble through your thoughts..Thanks for your sharing.

Yoke

Unknown said...

Hello Kelly, this is Sheila Gunderson and this particular blog post of yours has had a profound impact on me. I’m finally getting around to tell you about it. I appreciate so much your writing and I will be in touch soon😊keep writing- you have such a beautiful gift! Thank you for blessing us by vulnerably sharing your journey! It is inspiring ! Warmly,
Sheila